Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just When You Think a Decision is Made,

someone posts about a new yurt company that intrigues me!!

http://tinyhouseblog.com/

This blog, which is one of my favorites, posted about a new yurt company that has a very intriguing product. I will be watching them closely! Here's their tiny website:

http://turtlebacknomadics.wordpress.com/

You can get lost for hours looking at all the small, beautiful, and quirky homes they have featured on the Tinyhouse blog.

Meanwhile, back home, I just sent off my seed order for the early veggies and the ones that need to be started inside. Joy! Over the past several years, we've just had a garden at a community garden that is far from our house. Now, we can see our garden from our windows. During the Spring, I'm either gardening or thinking about gardening--except, perhaps, when I'm onstage. This year, I'm planning six raised beds. There are also several veggies and fruits I'm giving up on--cabbage, watermelon, etc. Maybe later, when I'm a better gardener!

We are also getting some topsoil and sod early next week, and we CANNOT wait! (Not to self: Call Uncle Larry!) We'll be glad to get something over this muddy clay soil, although the water drainage is MUCH better after they sculpted the land with the dozer!

Let's see, what else can I tell you? Oh--Greg and I went to some local theatre auditions last night, and it went very well. I think Greg got offered another show, and we stand a good chance at the summer musical, I'd say. Woo-hoo! What a joy, to do something we love AND to get paid for doing it! AND to put all the money we make in the shows toward a new YURT! As Dame Candyce Hinkle says, "We're very lucky people!"

Lastly, you may notice that I have placed a Paypal button on the blog. After much thought and advice from some wise friends, we decided that we feel ok about placing it there just in case anyone wants to donate. I'm also considering it a call to myself to really make the blog real, useful, and enjoyable. If it can inspire anyone, I'll just be tickled pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment